Longford Triathlon Club Junior Section - Age Group 12-18 years
Longford Triathlon Club welcomes membership from junior members. You can join by using this link to Triathlon Ireland. Your payment to triathlon Ireland give you a licence to enter any triathlon Ireland sanctioned event. On sign up with Triathlon Ireland you can also choose Longford Tri as your designated triathlon club. Longford Tri do not charge an additional membership fee to junior members.
Longford Triathlon Club is offering its junior members between the age of 15 -18 years the opportunity to train alongside the senior members of our club. In these sessions Junior members will gain experience from the seasoned triathletes in the club. Junior members firstly need to join triathlon Ireland before they can participate in these training sessions. Training sessions for the 15 - 18 yr olds include pool swimming on monday or Friday nights in Longford pool, winter turbo and summer road cycling on Wednesday nights, further details available on this link. Further information on membership and training can also be got by calling Brendan Doyle on 087 224 1352.
Look at the following links to get more information on how children in the Longford area can get involved in triathlons in 2014.
Training with the Senior Section 15 - 18 yr…
- If you are a junior aged 15 - 18 yrs and wish to train with Longford Triathlon Club senior's you will need the following:
- Swim > pool- pre book your place for Monday night swimming, 6 week block @ a cost of €30
- Open water- wetsuit. (Open water swimming starts late May, check swim page and club forum for info).
- Bike > helmet & road worthy bike (i.e. road bike or hybrid). Bike spins will be 30-40km in distance
- Run > A good pair of running runners.
- All senior training day’s times & venues can be found on the the training schedule page.
Coached training day for Juniors under 15 yrs….
When you join Triathlon Ireland for €10 and designate Longford as your club this will give us your details which we can contact you when we are running under 15yr training days.
- On becoming a junior member of Longford Triathlon Club & Triathlon Ireland you will be insured to train with the club.
- Longford Tri intend to hold junior training days in cooperation with other local Triathlon Clubs. In addition to these training days we recommend juniors join and train with Longford Swimming Club and Longford AC Club.
- Training gear you will need to take part in training days are:
- Swim > shorts/swimsuit, hat & goggles.
- Bike > helmet & bike (any bike from road bike to BMX once roadworthy).
- Run > a pair of running runners.
Where can triathlon gear be bought?
Initially you can use your regular sports gear that you already have. Ordinary wetsuits are adequate to get started. When your child becomes more involved then you could consider the specialized triathlon gear.
- For all triathlon gear such as wetsuits, trisuits, bikes, helmets & runners.